Lydia AI (formerly Knowtions Research) is an applied AI company on a mission to insure the next billion people. We work with insurers to pioneer digital Pay-How-You-Live insurance products using Lydia AI, our risk prediction engine. Lydia AI leverages new sources of data to make dynamic health predictions to create insurance products focused on keeping people healthy rather than paying when people get sick. We are a Canadian company targeting the fastest growing insurance markets in Asia and are backed by investors including Information Venture Partners and Alibaba Entrepreneur Fund. Join us to help insure the next billion people!
As a Solutions Architect, you will bridge business problems with technology solutions and be responsible for understanding, scoping and translating client requirements into technical solutions. You will adopt a consultative business development approach to partner and build reports with client teams during pre-sales and sales processes to understand clients’ goals and map them to the company’s products and services. You will work across insurance, machine learning, data science and software development to own and drive the company forward.
Your work will create the technology infrastructure that will enable Pay-How-You-Live insurance for the next billion people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand clients’ goals and map them to the company’s products and services
- Communicate and consult with clients stakeholders and business units to develop potential solutions for business needs or problems
- Assess existing user flows to determine integration points and changes needed
- Translate proposed solutions into technical specifications for prioritization in the product development life cycle
- Provide pre-sales support to get client buy in on solutions and draft statement of work
- Develop clear documentation to record and catalog both business requirements and analysis findings
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years working in insurance technology implementing digital transformation
- Minimum 2-5 years of sales or consulting experience
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Experience transforming complex business requirements into workable technology solutions
- Experience in leading medium to large scale teams, across multiple geographies and timezones
- Strong existing relationships within insurance and solid understanding of national health insurance, underwriting, and claims reimbursements.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving startup environment which includes ongoing self-learning and an ability to transform multiple uncertainties and unknowns into executable plans and solutions.
- Bilingual or Business Level (Chinese and English mandatory, Japanese desirable)
At Lydia AI, diversity is mission-critical. Our strength lies within our differences and in a diverse workforce that unleashes new ideas and perspectives. We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce and foster a culture where all team members feel valued, respected, and supported.