Lydia AI (formerly Knowtions Research) is an applied AI company on a mission to insure the next billion people. We work with insurers to pioneer digital Pay-How-You-Live insurance products using Lydia AI, our risk prediction engine. Lydia AI leverages new sources of data to make dynamic health predictions to create insurance products focused on keeping people healthy rather than paying when people get sick. We are a Canadian company targeting the fastest growing insurance markets in Asia and are backed by investors including Information Venture Partners and Alibaba Entrepreneur Fund.
Join us to help insure the next billion people!
As the Operations Manager / Executive Assistant, you are a self-starter who brings your strong project management and administrative experience to ensure the company runs smoothly as we are a scaling startup. Based in Taipei, you will provide executive-level support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and work cross-functionally with teams in Canada, Taiwan, and other international regions. Your responsibilities will involve creating, implementing and maintaining operations processes, scheduling, and overseeing the remote and physical office management.
- Provide executive-level support to the CEO, including scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reports, develop agendas and meeting materials;
- Create, document, manage and monitor operations processes, policies, and procedures; streamlining processes where possible;
- Implement, execute, and monitor operational projects and initiatives, ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Oversee the general operations of the Taiwan Office;
- Coordinate with vendors, handle billing/expenditure, and inventory management.
- Procure supplies and goods, negotiating contracts and coordinating office budget, always seeking the best value for supplies and services;
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings, book travel, as well as plan and organize team events, including virtual and in-person;
- Organize and update files and records, drafting correspondence and presentations;
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners;
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner;
- Complete basic accounting functions such as reconciling, maintaining and filing of records;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- At least three (3) years of executive-level administrative work experience, assisting and advising within an office environment;
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business or administration;
- Experience scaling operations in a fast-growing company;
- Ability to prioritize and keep the CEO’s schedule on track, problem-solving any issues that may arise;
- Experience in the planning, execution and follow up of projects and initiatives;
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, discretion, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines;
- Organizational skills in planning, project management and task coordination;
- Demonstrates flexibility and problem solving abilities;
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications;
- Basic accounting skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, experience interfacing with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrates exceptional discretion and confidentiality.
At Lydia AI, diversity is mission-critical. Our strength lies within our differences and in a diverse workforce that unleashes new ideas and perspectives. We celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion in our workforce and foster a culture where all team members feel valued, respected and supported.